Advisor of the Year
2023 National Student Council Advisor of the Year ✨
The VISION Conference would like to recognize a High School and Middle School Adviser of the Year Award in honor of Warren E. Shull, who founded the National Association of Student Councils in 1931. He recognized that leadership is service. Many student council advisers across the nation are also guided by the same principles of Warren E. Shull. While the award does single out individuals on the state and national level, the purpose of the award is to highlight the many contributions made by all student council advisers throughout the country.
- Each state association may nominate one high school student council adviser and one middle school adviser who will be attending the VISION National Student Council Conference in Collinsville, Illinois June 26-28, 2023 and is an active adviser in a school that he or she works in daily.
- Nominations must be made on the official 2023 nomination form (see link at the top of this page).
- All nominees must compose a narrative response to a prompt as part of the application along with three letters of recommendation, photograph, and signed State Directors page.
- Nomination forms may be sent to Kyle Gordon at firstname.lastname@example.org once completed.
- Current State Student Council Directors who are state nominees must have the application form signed or verified by email by a designee of his/her choosing.
- Anyone previously winning the national Warren E. Shull Award is ineligible for this award.
- An awards committee selected by the VISION host will review all applicants and select the winner from all complete applications submitted.
- All State Nominees receive a certificate at VISION. The National Winner will receive a plaque and be presented with a $500.00 check.